Tuesday 11 October 2016

Tuesday Tunes | October Playlist


Good morning everyone! I hope you're all having a brilliant day! So I think we can all agree that summer is well and truly gone. We can tell just by the cool, crisp mornings and the sound of colourful leaves crunching below our feet. So I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you guys my October Playlist. All of these songs have been stuck in my head for the past few weeks or even months and I doubt I'll be getting bored of them anytime soon. So with Autumn in full swing, this playlist is perfect for your everyday commute, sunset stroll, weekend adventure or basically any other Autumn situation you may find yourself in. Enjoy!
 
 
So we're kicking this playlist off with a bit of DNCE. After hearing Cake By The Ocean back in the summer, I immediately became a fan of theirs. So when I heard they were releasing another single, I was very excited. And boy, Toothbrush does not disappoint! They've incorporated everything that was great about CBTO and created another song you can sing at the top of your lungs to - believe me, I've tried to hit them high vocals, doesn't work. Now Dua Lipa is slowly becoming one of my favourite newcomers of 2016. I hadn't heard of her before Hotter Than Hell but she's released some brilliant songs before that. Her new single, Blow Your Mind, is so catchy and I know I'll be singing it right the way through these colder months.
 
It seems like Justin Bieber is everywhere at the moment. And here he appears not once but twice in my October Playlist. I honestly can't get enough of Let Me Love You and Cold Water. Two huge hits by two huge DJ's. Bring on the next one! It seems every time Sia releases a new song the whole world goes crazy and falls in love with it. The Greatest is no different. What a song! Now it seems like Ariana Grande can do no wrong these days. She's just releasing hit after hit and I'm loving her a little bit more everyday. Not only is Side To Side amazing but it's featuring Nicki Minaj. I'll say no more.
 
Now I don't care if Heathens was released back in the summer, it is still an absolute tune. Not gonna lie, I think I'm becoming a bit obsessed with Twenty One Pilots - they're so good! So many male artists are releasing so many amazing songs lately, it was hard choosing which ones to put in this playlist. Of course I had to include Shawn Mendes though. After only the first listen of Treat You Better, I loved it and I've been singing it nonstop for the past couple of weeks. It had to be included. Now if I'm honest, when James Arthur released his first single off the back of winning the X Factor in 2012 I was disappointed. But I am so happy that he's back! Say You Won't Let Go is stunning and it shows, with it being at the top of the charts right now. Bring on the next single! Now I thought it wouldn't be long until Calvin Harris drops another banger but I was quite surprised with this one. There was no huge artist featuring or extravagant production behind this one, just his vocals and a catchy beat. It reminded me of his earlier music so this song definitely gets a thumbs up from me.
 
Okay, Galantis can do no wrong in my eyes, they're already one of my favourite dance music acts. They just seem to get better and better with every song they release, Love On Me is amazing! Just give them a listen if you haven't already and get dancing! Now I was never a massive fan of One Direction but I must say, Niall's debut song as a solo artist is absolutely incredible. Just him and his guitar. Simplicity at it's best. The Town is quickly becoming one of my favourite songs right now - I may or may not be listening to it as I type this. But I'm actually really looking forward to hearing more of his material. Lastly, we have Bruno Mars' 24K Magic to end my playlist. Bruno dropped this song out of nowhere last Friday and I've had it on repeat ever since. It's got that Uptown Funk-vibe to it so it's definitely a great song in my eyes. Put your pink rings up to the moon! Bring on album 3!
 
TRACKLIST
DNCE - Toothbrush
Cheat Codes (ft. Dante Klein) - Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On)
Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind
Emeli Sande - Hurts
DJ Snake (ft. Justin Bieber) - Let Me Love You
Sia - The Greatest
Ariana Grade (ft. Nicki Minaj) - Side To Side
Major Lazer (ft. Justin Bieber & MO) - Cold Water
The Chainsmokers - Closer
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
Calvin Harris - My Way
Galantis - Love On Me
Niall Horan - This Town
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
 
So there you have it folks, that's the songs I'm going to have on repeat this month. What's your favourite song on my October Playlist? What songs are you loving at the moment? Let me know in the comments below!
 
Until next time.
Robert
 

4 comments: