Friday 16 September 2016

The Body Coach | Quick, Healthy Lunch Idea



We're quickly entering the season of long nights and fluffy jumpers. And that means everyone wants to give up on their summer bodies and eat, eat, eat. So, again, I thought I'd try something a little bit different with this one. In my previous post I briefly mentioned how this summer I've tried to become much healthier and fitter. I feel like I've changed my life around for the better, cutting down on all the processed food, opting for fresh, tasty meals instead. Obviously treating myself on the weekends - can't live without chocolate! I do a lot more exercise as well, mostly High- Intensity Interval Training or H.I.I.T for short - quick, intense bursts of exercise followed by a short recovery period. But I honestly feel so much better for it. I can also eat so much more food which is always a bonus. So why did I make this change in the first place?

Several months ago I came across The Body Coach on Instagram who's a bit of a fitness guru; always posting photos and videos of healthy dishes and different workouts. His enthusiasm and passion really inspired me so I went out and I bought his book: Lean in 15. It was one of the best purchases I had made in a very long time. It's absolutely filled to the brim with healthy meals that are absolutely delicious. Along with that, it's actually pretty informative as well. It gives so much information on all the nutrient groups, the importance of staying hydrated - I have a bottle of water beside me while typing this - and prepping like a boss, as he would say. Now when he says these meals will only take you fifteen minutes to make, he isn't joking. They're so easy to prepare and cook and taste 100x better than what I was eating before. So since the beginning of summer I have been cooking my meals for the week using this book as well as getting inspiration to create my own healthy dishes. Along with the H.I.I.T training, I just feel so refreshed and energised all the time.

 Now there are several recipes in this book that I absolutely love, it's pretty hard to choose a favourite - they all just taste sooo good! But I'm going to share with you all one of the meals from this book that are definitely up there in my top five. I think it's a perfect quick and healthy lunch idea for anyone who wants a tasty meal. So check out how to make it below:

Cheesy Chorizo, Chicken and Spinach

So according to the recipe, you will need:
 
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 75g chorizo, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 x 240g skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 1cm slices
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 big fistfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn into chunks
- 20g pine nuts
 
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
2. Add the chorizo and fry for a minute.
3. Add the onion and fry for another minute.
4. Increase the heat to maximum and add the chicken.
5. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, the chicken should be almost completely cooked through.
6. Throw in the cherry tomatoes and cook until they begin to collapse.
7. Toss in the spinach and stir through until fully wilted.
8. Use a wooden spoon to make little pockets in the chicken and vegetable mixture, then drop in small chunks of the mozzarella.
9. Turn off the heat, let the mozzarella melt before spooning the whole delicious lot onto a plate and scattering over the pine nuts.
10. Devour.
 
Writing about this is making me so hungry. I really wish I had this book when I was living away at University last year, it would have been so helpful. I can't wait to buy his next book: Lean in 15: The Shape Plan, for more delicious recipes and even more advanced exercises. So if you want to know anything more about this recipe or The Body Coach himself, then click here. Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this, just something a little bit different for me. I've prepared the majority of meals in this book and they're so tasty but feel free to take liberties and add your own twist. Who knows, you could be the one with a book out next.  
 
Anyway, have a great day folks!
Until next time.
Robert
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a super awesome recipe, it looks really delicious! I've been looking to get some new cook books for uni so this might be the perfect purchase for me X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yes, I couldn't recommend it enough! I've now bought his second book and the recipes are even more delicious and I didn't even think that was possible haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipes he posts on Instagram. This one looks good, will have to try it! X

    Sarah
    www.sarahtrademark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for it, it's so easy to make, you'll love it! :)

      Delete