Tuesday 12 July 2016

Tuesday Tunes | July Playlist



Since the beginning of summer there have been so many new songs released, it's honestly so difficult trying to choose which ones are the best and which ones to even include in this post. I'm going to slightly drift from the usual "What I've Been Listening To" posts and create a specific playlist instead. So these will be all the songs that have been stuck in my head for the past few weeks and probably won't be out of my head until at least the end of summer. As soon as the sun comes out, I'm usually one of the first to get the music blaring, so these are the tunes that I'm going to be playing on repeat for the whole month!



In true summer playlist style, there is a bit of everything on here, ranging from the tropical house of Kygo to the alternative indie pop of Twenty One Pilots. But we're starting this whole playlist off with a summer banger in the form of Calvin Harris & Rihanna with This Is What You Came For. Back in 2011 when the duo collaborated on We Found Love it instantly became my favourite song at the time so when I heard they were working on some new material I was very excited. And this song does not disappoint! I've had it on repeat since I heard it. I honestly don't have to say much about the next track. Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop The Feeling is by far one of my favourite songs of 2016 and should be on everyone's summer playlist! Galantis are fairly new to the music scene but I absolutely love the music they've released, my favourite being their newest single, No Money.  
 
One of my friends actually recommended me to listen to Ariana Grande's new song, Into You, and thank god that they did because I absolutely love it! I'm blaring it right now while writing this. After Jonas Blue's amazing cover of Tracey Chapman's Fast Car earlier in the year I didn't know how they were going to top it. But they've came back with Perfect Strangers and it's an absolute summer banger! If you haven't heard it, definitely give it a listen! I've loved Demi for years and the song Cool For The Summer is ever so catchy... it was near the top of my 2015 summer playlist so of course I had to include it in this one. Now Twenty One Pilots. What a band. Everyone go and listen to their music now if you haven't heard of them before. I saw them live last summer at a music festival when they were only a support act and thought they were amazing. Their latest single Ride is a reggae summer classic so check it out.

I'm bringing out the big guns with the one and only Ed Sheeran. The man can do no wrong. He's a musical and lyrical genius. His album X or Multiply is one of my favourites and the song Photograph is perfect. Also couldn't resist throwing in some Coldplay because who doesn't like Coldplay? Now I wouldn't say I'm a massive Drake fan but his song One Dance is pretty amazing. It's literally played everywhere I go and it's stuck in my head. Trust me it'll be in your head soon enough - it's so catchy. Lastly I've been loving DNCE's Cake By The Ocean, it's definitely a dance-worthy summer song. It just has that summer vibe to it and the actual meaning behind the song is hilarious.

TRACKLIST
Calvin Harris (feat. Rihanna) - This Is What You Came For
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
Galantis - No Money
Dua Lipa - Hotter Than Hell
LuvBug - Best Is Yet To Come
Ariana Grande - Into You
Jonas Blue (feat. JP. Cooper) - Perfect Strangers
Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Drake - One Dance
Ed Sheeran - Photograph
Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
James Bay - Let It Go
     Kygo (feat. Kodaline) - Raging
  Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love
DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

So there you have it folks, that's the songs I'll have on repeat this month. What's your favourite track on my July playlist? What songs are you loving at the moment? Let me know in the comments below! As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram!

Until next time.
Robert
    

No comments:

Post a Comment